The International Advancement Program from CCC is dedicated to the progress of collective licensing efforts around the world. This program is designed to complement the development activities of the International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations (IFRRO), to which CCC also contributes as an IFRRO member.
CCC introduced the International Advancement Program to provide assistance to Reproduction Rights Organizations (RROs) as they start or develop their operations and, ultimately, to help advance and support the availability of collective licensing around the world. The program is tailored to the needs of individual RROs and may include operational and technical support, training, marketing, educational tools and more. Where appropriate, it aims to encourage bilateral agreements to make it easier for emerging RROs to obtain critical sets of rights needed to establish their businesses and further the use of collective licensing.
The RROs which have participated in the program so far are:
- The Filipinas Copyright Licensing Society, Inc. (FILCOLS) of the Philippines,
- The Centro de Administración de Derechos Reprográficos, Asociación Civil (CADRA) of Argentina,
- The Jamaican Copyright Licensing Agency (Jamcopy),
- The Reprographic Rights Organization of Ghana (CopyGhana),
- The Zambia Reprographic Rights Society (ZARRSO), and
- The Centro Colombiano de Derechos Reprográficos (CDR) of Colombia.
Other RROs are expected to join the program in the future. Read recent updates about copyright and licensing around the world from Michael Healy, CCC Executive Director, International Relations:
Questions? Contact us to learn more.