How it works
- Assigns a Ringgold ID, a unique persistent identifier (PID), to each organization entity to authoritatively disambiguate and deduplicate organizations
- Includes over 600,000 organization records with rich hierarchies and over 30 descriptive metadata elements
- Links related organizations to form structured, granular hierarchies that reflect real-world relationships
- Maps to other external identifiers to enable wider interoperability including the ISNI ID, an open ISO standard (ISO 27729)
- Provides data in multiple languages as well as English translations
- Created, maintained and quality controlled by a team of data management and language experts who evaluate the Ringgold data across dozens of quality metrics
- Use PIDs to track information about research: where it is performed, who performs it, who funds it, and the organizations that consume it
- Normalize and disambiguate organization data to gain a deeper understanding of your customers
- Get accurate author affiliation information to inform funding eligibility, compliance with funder mandates, and OA agreements
- Identify conflicts of interest in grant and peer review leveraging granular hierarchies and descriptive metadata
- Streamline workflows by facilitating data interoperability across internal and external systems
- Conduct in-depth market segmentation and gap analysis to more accurately identify sales opportunities
Ringgold by the numbers
organization records with rich hierarchies and over 30 descriptive metadata elements
leading publishers, intermediaries, and funders
of Ringgold PID's have a corresponding ISNI ID
new records added in 2023
records updated in 2023
Ringgold Identify Database
Access an expertly curated database of organizations.
Helps stakeholders improve data quality, drive strategic decision-making, and support data interoperability with an expertly curated database of organizations that fund, create, and use scholarly research.
Ringgold Audit Service
Let our experts normalize and enrich your data.
Helps publishers obtain expertly curated, normalized, and enriched organization data to enable data-driven business decisions. Led by a team of data management experts, and language and country specialists, the Ringgold Audit Service provides data mapping to the industry leading Ringgold Identify Database for a level of accuracy, disambiguation, and duplicate identification not possible with other solutions.
Ringgold Validate Service
Create new Ringgold IDs on demand.
Enables Ringgold Identify Database users to immediately generate new Ringgold IDs for organizations not currently held in the database.
Ringgold Consortium Directory
Create custom sales offers with up-to-date global consortia data.
Helps with the understanding of the complex organizations of library consortia. A comprehensive database with records for nearly 350 library consortia worldwide, the Ringgold Consortium Directory supports publishers in strategic sales planning and empowers them to easily craft individual offers.
Customer success story
CCC and industry consulting firm Media Growth Strategies recently undertook a thorough examination of metadata management across the research lifecycle. Drawn from interviews with dozens of industry stakeholders, we created a visual report that depicts the significant economic and social impact that a fragmented metadata supply chain has on researchers, institutions, funders, and publishers on the journey to Open Access and beyond.
While SfN possessed a wealth of records and information on their members and constituent organizations, a lack of standardization and demographic data prevented it from employing its data as an asset.
Ringgold Solutions accommodates the growing use cases for the future of our scholarly communications ecosystem with data that is detailed, robust, and trustworthy.
Looking to better understand what information their customers needed to help them define their research goals and strategy, the IET team embarked on an effort to directly engage with their customer base.